Monday, January 31, 2011

My Web Presence Is Growing On New Aesthetic Magazine

I like to periodically check on my miscellaneous stuff that is published on the internet, like my plays, poetry and book reviews, etc. The ego boy in me digs reading the commentary on my work and the goofy ass nonsense I write and tweet once in awhile to shake things up (at least in my own head)vent a little and keep people informed of what I'm thinking and doing, regarding my writing projects and where I am mentally (or where I'm not mentally, if that actually makes any sense.)
Imagine my surprise discovering that a trio of poems that I wrote for New Aesthetic Magazine, From A Hard Line, Through a Wine Bottle Darkly and Equal Monsters are in a group of poems "most viewed, last 3 months" in New Aesthetic. I'm proud of that and I thank the people at New Aesthetic for giving me the opportunity to be one of their showcased authors.
Here is what New Aesthetic has to say about my poetry included in the From A Hard Line category:

"a collection of three powerful poems - from a hard line, through a wine bottle darkly and equal monsters. the poems are subtle, poignant and conversations from life, and one cannot miss the solitude of the voices in them, the framing of stray lives in a city." http://newaesthetic.in/e-books/e-book-from-a-hard-line-by-lee-gooden.html

And here is the link to my other small collection on their site called New Yorker Bound? http://newaesthetic.in/e-books/new-yorker-bound.html

Here is quote from New Aesthetic about my play Hierarchy:

"a surreal dialogue that deals with the disturbances in traditional hierarchies of choice, the apple of self, and the three architypes of adam, eve and god. interestingly, this contemporary dialogue between a husband and a wife keeps invoking and refering back to the image of an absent little girl, reminiscent of t.s. eliot's structural strategem in the cocktail party."

Here is a link to the play: http://newaesthetic.in/e-books/e-book-hierarchy-a-one-act-play-by-lee-gooden.... L

Posted via email from getoffthebusinc's posterous

No comments: