Sunday, January 23, 2011

Banjos at 3:15 AM

3:15am Sunday, writing music, The Yonder String Band...good stuff, those boys can jam. I'm doing an AMH overnight and working on my novel. For once, I'm ahead on book review assignments and I used a little of that (ha) spare time to catch up on my comic books subscriptions. Not one dud in the entire stack, stand out titles were the new Batman books, Hellblazer, John Hickman's series SHIELD
Brubaker's Captain America and I grudgingly admit, Dan Slott is doing a hell uv a job on Amazing Spiderman, even though I despise the whole OMIT thing. Morrison's Batman Incorporated opens up a new avenue for The Batman that is original and I'm looking forward to seeing where he goes with it. Do yourself a favor, snag Andy Diggle's Daredevil Reborn when it comes out. I saw a preview and I can't wait to read the whole book. I have an idea for a pitch for a Challengers of the Unknown story, but I'm going to sit on it because DC does not accept unsolicited scripts or pitches. That's okay, my time is coming. I can feel it.
Okay, enough nonsense, back to work. Bring on the caffeine fairies, cause I need a refill. My goddamn thumb still hurts but it is showing signs of improvement. And just to brag a little, I'm on page 568. That's right, 568 pages of a double spaced manuscript that is my novel. Except for these little brain dumps on this site and myTwitter farts, my writing consists of, book reviewing, note taking, a poem or two and my novel (unless you count the creative writing I do for my two daughter's school absences and the checks I write for my eldest daughter's upcoming wedding in 2012.) Oh, hey, I turned 43 Tuesday the 18th.
L

Posted via email from getoffthebusinc's posterous

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Quit making excuses, work on your pitch for DC and submit it anyway. Don't be a namby-pamby! Oh, and what are you attempting to write...the next War and Peace? Come on already, finish the damn book and move on to the second one, for the love of Pete! What kind of scribbler are you anyway?

(For all those who read this comment, I'm this guy's best bud--so yes, I'm entitled to harass him a little--but sorry, you don't have that privilege.)