Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Weakened Moment

A Moment of Weakness

While listening to Bruce Hornsby Live, I am undone and trip on the natural chemicals in my brain.
His talented fingers pluck melodies that please and soothe me. I groove and gather myself tight in the music. 
I am transported to another era 
Where things were not always simpler 
and not always sadder, 
When my hair, golden thick reached my waist and I could see the toes of my biker boots. 
My heart's arsonist tendencies burned more bridges than I care to admit 
And I walked and strutted blind and full of pride through a perceived  black and white world. 
Now, I allow a self-indulgent smile, a weak instant of self-pity as I recognize  how everything, including our perceptions is tainted by time's grey passage.
Lee Gooden 2-24-11
Sent from my iPhone


Sent from my iPhone

Posted via email from getoffthebusinc's posterous

No comments: