Monday, February 21, 2011

There Can Never Be Too Horror Fiction Revised

Check out this blog http://toomuchhorrorfiction.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2010-01-01T00%3A0...

Whoa! Long link, hope it works. The first book in the discussion series is The Manitou by Graham Masterton. I must have been twelve or thirteen years old when I found the book in a box of my Uncle Bruce's paperbacks and misc bric-a-brac shoved in a cache between the rafters and ceiling of my Nan and Pap's (Maternal- Grandparents) garage, a treasure trove of awesomeness. I remember opening it to the first greasy page which was a secondary cover of a half naked chick expressing pulp fear and a scary Indian Medicine Man trying to remove himself as if being born as a fully grown man from a tumour on the chick's neck. It was gross, nasty, silly and played havoc with my over active prepubescent imagination. It terrified the shit out of me and cracked me up at the same time. I shoved the Manitou paperback in the back of my pants and covered it with my shirt tail. I put another paperback, (the name escapes me but it had a similar goofy scary cover) into my sock and covered it with my pant leg. Through this method I was able to smuggle both books home. I think the Manitou cover freaked me out so much that I threw the book away after reading it over and over. Later, I had a much more terrifying experience reading Stephen King's novel The Shining for the first time. But that, is another story. L https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhK0A9lFhTNPY10r_Y9sihed_zSmgYAcF1kSZWaV2Yqdp0IYz66JmzZEPrO3V8WAOWMEFsq8c-i92t7_rEx60pKlFNGgl8KY1b4mbg-lt6sEsAvXNEpd8O8E6CKgOokdWtGPiqzAuIW53Q/

Sent from my iPhone

Posted via email from getoffthebusinc's posterous

Sent from my iPhone

Posted via email from getoffthebusinc's posterous

No comments: