Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Tonight's Update

At the Poets For Peace reading tonight at Rock Hill, I read my new poem "Without Actually Dying" and some Vonnegut quotes. I think that it went very well, got some applause and a few people came up to me and asked for a copy of the poem. I ended my part of the reading with the Vonnegut quotes and got some great laughs. The turn-out was excellent, all the poets that were scheduled showed up, we had regular customers and some student poets in the audience. My daughter Kerr (she's 14, the reading inspired her to write a few poems too. She's found her poetical voice at a very early age, a damn talented writer).
Rereading my novel, in the beginning I was frustrated and unhappy with my prose. I am now excited and elated. As I read further into the narrative my writing gets tighter, better and doesn't lose the realism or the lyricism. Editing it as a whole, no longer seems such a daunting task. I actually looking forward to the final edit.
L

Posted via email from getoffthebusinc's posterous

No comments: