Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Madness of Crowds and Digestion

I ate a delicious veggie omelet with cheddar cheese inside and Swiss melted on top. Mmmmmmm! Also, worked on my novel, got lost in its world...what a high it can be to get so caught in my character's lives that I forget I am actually in a restaurant surrounded by people with hundreds and thousands and millions of their own stories. Even in the madness of crowds, writing is a solitary thing. Unless, there is some kind of madness of crowds in my head where I come and go as I please.
Analyzing the process too much is probably not a good idea.
Anyway, back to the grind of real work, custodial stuff and overnite tonight as well as the good old dependable book review.
I will no longer taunt myself by setting time limits for the novel's completion. I'll just write it until it is done.
Self-inflicted deadlines within a work schedule like mine is border line masochism. I don't dig any kind of pain. But, I do have a work ethic that would kill most people.
Am I bragging? Yeah, probably. Does it matter? No, probably not.
And on that note...back to the rats I'm racing...
L

Photo

Me being contemplative or gassy, you decide.
Sent from my iPhone

Posted via email from getoffthebusinc's posterous

No comments: