Thursday, September 30, 2010

THINKING OUT LOUD

 The creeping crud and sinus crap got the best of me over the weekend and part of this week. I still don't feel the greatest and I'm about to sleep for the fourth night in a row on one of our living-room recliners. I can only sleep sitting up, otherwise, I feel like I'm coughing up my lungs. Today was the first day in almost a week that my brain thought about writing, stories characters, etc. I always know when I'm very sick because I have no interest in anything and my thinking and creative process seems to dry up and go away. It is the only time in my life when I feel lonely when I'm alone. I don't like it.

So here are some thoughts from a brain slowly coming awake.

Learned about the god like architect Nicholas Hawksmoor 
from reading Alan Moore's wonderful graphic novel From Hell which blew me away. Not only was I flabbergasted by Moore's genius on so many levels, the lyricism of his prose, the meticulousness of his detective work and research and his epic story telling abilities, but his notes and annotations were amazing. He actually supported his work with a graphic retelling of his research that was a brilliant achievement by itself.  The novelist Peter Ackroyd http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Ackroyd also wrote about Nicholas Hawksmoor in his novel Hawksmoor http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawksmoor_(novel) 

L

Posted via email from Lee's posterous

No comments: