Thursday, October 23, 2008

musings/journal:13

I found this on Warren Ellis' web site today. I peruse it quite a bit.  He always has something that really sparks my interest.  I should be finishing a review that is late (as always) but I am experiencing a similar situation with my daughters, especially my 18 year old Autumn and my 11 year old Kerr.  Hope, my 4 year old daughter already wants to text and email and has set herself up in my office with a play cell-phone, broken mouse and a 'keyboard' that she says she writes 'reviews, plays and script'.  Autumn tried the 500 text plan with AT&T and that was a joke.  She filled that up in 3 hours.  Instead , I set myself up with a tethering package/family plan that allows unlimited text for the whole fam and close to unlimited tethering for my 8525 and other cool stuff only I have for my PDA.  Warren's post reminds me of the uniqueness of my daughters and how much I love them.
Read and enjoy.
L


Post #6637 by Warren Ellis on October 23rd, 2008 in brainjuice


My daughter is now 13. You can tell this by the way she presents
herself for dinner at a restaurant wearing red and black striped
fingerless gloves, a black puffball skirt and tights, a t-shirt that’s
the dilute 2008 iteration of an idea Vivienne Westwood scrawled on the
back of a fag packet in 1976, and a pair of boots that appear to have
been fashioned from the hollowed-out legs of a particularly unfortunate
black bear. Also, by the way I’ve gone from being called “daddy” to
being called “shut up, Ellis.” She bitches that she can only hold
something like 500 texts (three days’ worth of use, it would seem) on
her hideous KRZR phone, and bitches that it’s “not fair” that my Nokia
has eight gigs onboard...

I’m loving every minute of it.


Also, due to some fluke in their protection, her school’s web
connection can access this website. (Yeah. I know, right?) So, one day
soon, Lili or her friends will find this post.


Lili, you are an annoying toad with a mutant power for belching loud enough to set off car alarms in the next street.


I love you, little angel.


Her life will be HELL when they find this…


No comments: