Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Journal

Journal





The deadline for Fissures rapidly approaches and I have review books to read and review. Fissures comes first, so it is time once again to do some marathon writing. I am almost in my office, half in, half out...moving can be exhilarating and a pain in the ass at the same time. My life is full of "partially to mostly" emotional weather patterns. A woman emailed me expressing interest in using one of my plays. I emailed her back and haven't heard a damn thing from her. I emailed an editor of a review magazine for work and he gave me his personal phone number to discuss logistics. When the topic of payment came up...he told me that payment usually consists of the item that is being reviewed and a byline. I told him that as a professional reviewer and freelance writer those terms were unacceptable. We ended the conversation on what I thought was polite and respectful. Later, I reconsidered and decided that working for his magazine once in a while for a by line because of the magazine's circulation would probably be beneficial for both of us. I emailed him some Clips (samples of my published writing) and a cover letter. So far, I have heard nothing from him. OH WELL.
My car died and mysteriously resurrected itself when the garage mechanics tried to find the problem. It has been at the garage for the last three days and I have been depending upon family and friends for rides. What an enabling nightmare and disruption of my routine. Hopefully it will work tomorrow and I'll be able to get back on task.
I co-directed some APT theater company actors last night through some scenes during rehearsals of Zero People last night, what a rush!
After I am done writing Fissures, I'm going to re-write a few short pieces and re-work two of my 10-20 minute plays for consideration of a theater in NYC. I haven't decided which plays. I was thinking of my plays, Waiting For God and Congestion. I think I will continue to post a work journal for whatever I happen to be working on. A mentor of mine has informed me that my playwriting format is antiquated. That is good news to me, my format was complicated, the new proper format is simple. Learning quickly to write in that format and loving it.
A young man and I are currently seeing if we can collaborate on a graphic novel called Meal Ticket, based on a series of novels I started writing in my early twenties; what I hope is a brand new twist on the vampire mythology.
I think I might post a sample of the first page of script he is currently illustrating.

I'm sure there is more to discuss...but I can't think of anything else at this moment.

I'll be off myspace for awhile to complete my Fissures Deadline.

I can always be contacted through: goodenreviews@yahoo.com
and lee@leegooden.com I still hate my website.
L

No comments: